Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Gallon Bath

My eco-friendly side has had this bizarro brain block when it came to preserving water.  I've always had the mind set that the planet is 75% water, so what's the problem?  Well, turns out, I'm not the only one with that mindset...imagine that!  The main problem--all of that water is not fresh water.  It takes a lot of processing to make it fresh and processing =>energy consumption=>$$!!   The more fresh water we consume, the more we need to process.  If the energy consumption part didn't get my attention enough, for sure I got the $$ part!

So, my newest contribution to water/wallet conservation....





 THE ONE GALLON BATH!!
So far, I've only tested the theory on my one year old.  Just fill up the bucket, suds the kid down and rinse.  Sometimes, I even end up with left over water!!

Some other water/wallet conservation ideas....
  •     Try turning off the shower water when shaving and sudsing up
  •     When doing laundry, match the water level to the amount of clothes you're washing
  •     Install low flow faucets
  •     Use the garbage disposal sparingly.  Compost vegetable and food waste instead.
  •     Water your lawn (only 2 days a week) in the morning or evening to minimize evaporation.
  •     Check out this link for more ideas www.wateruseitwisely.com/100-ways-to-conserve/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment