Friday, December 30, 2011

Holy Horns, Batman!


Hastings, FL is a very interesting place.  It happens to be the halfway point from our house to my sister's.  We keep each other's kids every so often, and meet up in the middle.  It's fun to drive by all the hundreds of acres of farmland and see what the real farmers are growing.   We usually stop by the produce stand and grab some goodies.  There's a bunch of cool hydroponic farms there to check out too.  But, the most exciting attraction to me for some reason is this small little pasture with these insane looking animals.


Every once in a while, I find myself in a mystic trance, completely in awe of my natural surroundings.  God's creation is just an amazing thing.  When I get to heaven though, I'm not sure I will be able to control myself...I will just have to ask what in the world is this cow supposed to do with these crazy horns!?!?!  I know God makes everything with a purpose, but I am totally stumped by this one.  I want to know how it even holds it's head up...that's one strong neck!  Wonder if the lady cows like them?  Lol...like those body builder guys with the big necks.  It could be a new workout regimen...walk around with 5 foot long horns strapped to your head 24/7 and make some lady cows moo :)!


 

I'm sure the horns have something to do with protecting their lady cows...hence, the sign.  This guy wasn't looking too happy either.  For about 1.5 seconds, I considered getting out of the car for a better shot, but lucky for me, I'm a big chicken!

Anyways...sorry, I got off on a tangent for a minute there.   It fits perfect with my day though....one big tangent.  Do you ever have those days where you just can't focus?  I started laundry, haven't finished it.  It's a beautiful sight from the kitchen.  Not to mention the enormous pile of shoes accumulating at the door.

 

I started unpacking, yes from a week ago (guess I've had this problem for a few days now :) ), and I ended up just scattering stuff everywhere.


It's much more fun to just take pictures of the mess than clean it.


 Yuck!  The worst part, the messier the house gets, the less I can focus...there's a funny curse..lol!  Gives me a good excuse to go out for a REALLY long bike ride and just tell myself I'll deal with it tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment