Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dinner the Lazy Way

Pin It
 

When it's just one of those days that I start going at 5am and don't stop until 5pm, I really don't feel like cooking.  It's on a night like that I, every once in a while, succumb to my exhaustion and take-out pizza actually starts to seem appealing.  Then, on a really bad night (like last night), I spend an hour battling with myself on whether I should cave or muster up the strength to whip up something easy, dig for coupons, order the pizza, pick it up and two hours later, I am eating fake food while thinking "this doesn't even taste that good!!"

So, as I'm sitting in the same boat tonight, it just seemed easier and much more tasty to grab as many veggies as I could from the garden,

 

(red cabbage, a tomatillo, beet greens, broccoli, carrots, onions and a potato)
 





cut them all up, throw them in a pan with a little olive oil, salt & pepper and cook them down. 
 



Throw an egg on top


(aren't these the coolest eggs!) and voila...dinner!


Sorry...this picture could have been way better, but I'm tired and tired won.

It tasted eight million times better than the nasty pizza and actually had nutrients.  The best part, it took me 15 minutes--less time than it took last night to decide to buy a silly pizza.  AND...it cost me 5 eggs and a potato (~$2).  The rest was free.  Doesn't sound like rocket science to me...$18 for nutrient void pizza or $2 a meal chock full of good for you.  The kids (including a neighbor kid) ate every bite and two of them went back for seconds...that's success to me.

P.S.  I throw meals like this together all the time, because it's just easier. 

Happy Tuesday!!





1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks so delicious, healthy and super easy! Love it! Fabulous blog you have, so glad to be your newest follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete