Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Redemption!!

Pin It

A few weeks ago, I posted about our big, fat carrot failure.  What a mess!!  Well, I am proud to say (all bragging aside), we are back in the saddle again!  I was craving some roasted root veggies for dinner tonight, took a meander out the front yard, crossed my fingers, wrapped my hands around some long leafy carrot greens and yanked.  To my amazement, out came the most beautiful carrot ever!!  Woohoo!! Then another, and another....and, another!!

The secret...just throw some seeds on the ground, cover with a 1/2 inch of dirt and let them grow.  Huh...who would have thunk?!?!?! :)

There is no excuse ever to not grow carrots.  These are tucked up under the Crepe Myrtle tree outside filling in the plant bed it sits in.  There must be 40 carrots under there!!  Promise me, you all will try this next year!!

Dinner tonight...

Roasted Root Veggies (Carrots, Beets, Onions and Potatoes) tossed with garlic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.  Roasted at 375 until tender...so easy!

With Pan Seared Venison Roast (just seasoned with salt and pepper seared in olive oil)


No comments:

Post a Comment