Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

Pin It


Because I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time, just kidding, really I am just constantly seeking ways (more like excuses) to duck and hide from the monotony of everyday life like laundry that never ends, dishes that never stay clean, dust that I swear hides while I'm dusting and magically reappears three seconds after I'm done, beds that get made and unmade, hours of food preparation that dissappears in the blink of an eye....ok, ok, you get the point.  My life is the least bit glamourous most of the time, so I find myself escaping in other people's blogs and fantisizing that the Cleaning Fairy is hard at work in the other room while I'm busy turning my brain into a blob of internet induced mush.

In all seriousness, I really do enjoy reading other blogs.  It's so fun to see what other amazingly talented people can do with ingredients that I would have never imagined putting together.  I love that we are all wired so differently like that!   

So, the other day during my "escape" time,  through someone's Pinterest, I stumbled upon this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip.  Can I just say....GENIUS!!

I've been on a serious chick pea kick lately, so luckily, I had all the ingredients and whipped this stuff up in just a few minutes.  Even better, it was gone faster than it took me to make it!  Believe me, this is a must try!

A quick note on chick peas...I buy a few pounds in the bulk section of the health food store and just throw them in the crock pot with some water overnight.  This way I have them on hand most of the time.  They keep in the frig for a week or so.  I have a few yummy chick pea recipes I've come up with to share with
you soon.

What's your favorite chick pea recipe?


VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH DIP
From chocolatecoveredkatie.com

1 1/2 c. Chickpeas (organic if you can find them)
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 c. Nut Butter (If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)
Up to 1/4 c. Organic Milk of choice (I used coconut milk, Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
Sweetener (I used Raw Honey.  Just add a tsp at at time until you like the result)
1/3 c. Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
2 to 3 T Oat Flour or Ground Flaxmeal (just run rolled oats or flax seed through a coffee grinder)

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.

Serve with Homemade Graham Crackers (I'll be posting that recipe this week also)


3 comments:

  1. That looks like heaven to girls, but it was really good for the guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids loved it!! I didn't have honey so I used brown sugar and used the oil instead of the nut butter and didn't add the milk. Still was great. Baby steps but I am getting there : ) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting!!!! I love that the kids loved it...baby steps are the best steps!!

      Delete